Codex Alera Ficathon
With First Lord's Fury rapidly approaching, it's high time we wrote some fic, before the canon is complete. If you haven't written Codex Alera fic before and are uncertain if you want to participate, fear not! I only know of four fics ever written in the fandom, so you're in good company. I started this ficathon to give writers an excuse to try their hand at this fabulous series!
What's a ficathon?
A ficathon is a fic exchange: someone writes a story for you, and you write a story for someone else. When you sign up, you'll submit two fic requests, giving your writer an idea of what you'd like to see written for you. You will also include a short list of criteria of what you are willing/unwilling to write for someone else. This can include specific genres, characters, ships, time periods, adult content level, etc. On August 26th, you will be assigned someone to write for, based on your this list. Pick one of their requests (or incorporate both, if you're daring) and go for it!
Please indicate in the "Spoiler Level" section if you haven't read all the books, so you won't be given a spoilery request or get a spoilery fic written for you. All participants will post their fic in this community (and in their personal journals, if they wish) any time during the "Stories Due" week. Each person writes and receives one fic. Simple!
- All stories should be at least 1000 words.
- All stories should be based on the Codex Alera. No crossovers.
- All stories should be spell-checked and beta read before posting. If you don't have a beta, let me know in the application, and I'll do my best to hook you up. Also, please let me know if you're willing to beta for others, and how many you can handle.
- If you can't finish your story on time or at all, let me know ASAP.
- All assignments and requests should be kept confidential. Like a secret santa, telling who you've got spoils the fun!
- All stories must be posted to this community at the end of the ficathon.
- Do not mention this ficathon or any of the fanfics generated by it on Jim-Butcher.com or Jim's LJ. Jim has a "don't ask, don't tell" policy towards fanfic, wherein he's fine with people writing it so long as he isn't made aware of its existence. Don't spoil the party for the rest of us!
Sign-ups: August 2nd - August 23rd, 2009
Assignments sent: August 26th, 2009
Stories due: October 25th-November 1st, 2009
If you'd like to participate (yay!), fill out the following form in a comment to this post. Comments are screened.
Are you willing to be a backup writer:
Are you willing to be a beta:
Do you need a beta:
What you will write:
What you will not write: